Due to the popularity of our high-demand auction items, we encourage guests to get their bids in early as we anticipate a lively auction with many incoming bids. Here are some insights on the best way to prepare if you are hoping to participate.
- Contact your credit card company: Many credit card companies will often put a hold on a payment that may be seen as an unusual purchase to protect their guests. We encourage those participating in this auction to connect with their credit card company ahead of time to let them know they will be bidding.
- Placing your bid: There is a two step process for placing your bid with the product page and check out page where we would have you enter your payment information in. Kindly allow for enough time to be logged in, enter all relevant information, and to let your financial institution know you will be placing bids. Immediately following Your bid, Traina Interactive will authorize Your credit card for the full amount of your bid. This credit card authorization will be held (but not charged) until you are no longer one of the top three bidders. Note, that your authorization may take up to 5 business days to release based on your bank and their processing times.
- Budget: We also encourage you to let the card company know the budget you are looking to spend on the auction.
- Spread the love: If you would like to spread your bid over multiple credit cards. This is done during the bidding process and it is a great way to ensure you have the funds needed to win an auction.
- Mark your calendar: You can click the Add to calendar link in the bidding window to add an alert to remind you of an auction closing.
- Bid early: We want to ensure your bid is placed and we encourage all of our guests to place their bids early to make sure that your bid is properly placed. Most of the items we list are unique or one of a kind and we don’t want you missing out!
- Popcorn Bidding: As a reminder, if any bids are placed within the last 2 minutes of the auction, we will extend the auction time by 2 minutes to allow for any bid-rebuttals from the other bidders.
Article is closed for comments.