In order to launch your experience on IfOnly, we require the experience to include something exclusive to our site that can't be easily purchased directly from you or from another website. Some examples of a unique component are special access to a location or a class not accessible to the public, offering your experience to a private group, or something you only offer on IfOnly.
When submitting your listing for review, if it’s not entirely clear what makes your listing unique, we may ask you to further clarify or to add a unique component before we can approve your listing for launch on IfOnly. The unique component should also ideally be experiential rather than material (i.e. something guests get to do as part of the experience, rather than something given to the guest).
Some Examples of Unique vs Non-Unique Experiences for IfOnly:
- Small private classes or tours that are only available as large group offerings elsewhere (i.e. offering a class for 2 people that is normally only available for groups of 12)
- Adding an extra stop to a tour or exclusive behind-the-scenes for IfOnly guests
- An in-home cooking class where the chef comes to the guest
- A workshop where guests receive 1-on-1 time with the instructor
- Insider access to a location that is not open to the public
- Experience occurs in an unusual location (yoga on a rooftop, painting in a park)
- Experiences at businesses that do not offer classes to the public (for example: a restaurant offering a cooking class with their head chef or a flower shop offering floral arrangement classes)
- Including a photographer or videographer to document the experience for the guest
- Not Unique:
- A standard exercise or yoga class taught in a studio
- Identical classes or tours to ones you offer on your website
- Something material, rather than experiential (for example: providing food or refreshments during a class is not unique)
There are many more ways to make your experience unique. We encourage you to think outside the box and consider what can make your IfOnly experience truly special for your guests!
Please sign in to leave a comment.