An itinerary is sent to a guest once you confirm the date on an order and provide everything a guest will need on the day of their experience. An itinerary also adds an extra special touch for a guest and provides an exciting reminder of their upcoming experience. They don’t just get a voucher or a coupon; they get a timeline of what to expect, helpful directions for meeting up with you, and your contact info for the day-of. This is your final action step before the experience takes place.
Without an itinerary sent to the guest, our system also won't know that the experience is pending and won’t prompt your final payout once the experience date passes (see When do I get paid?). We definitely want to make sure you receive your payments in a timely manner, so be sure to send the guest an itinerary as soon as you confirm the date.
Here’s how to fill out and send the itinerary:
- Go to the To Do List section of your account dashboard.
- Click on the open order that needs an itinerary (status will be Pending Logistics)
- Click on Step 2: Pending Logistics
- At the top of the itinerary section you’ll see the details that you agreed to when accepting the experience.
Note: If you’ve already made an itinerary for this experience in the past, you can reuse the template using the dropdown to save yourself time - make sure that you check for any differences and update the itinerary accordingly.
- Fill in Before the event to give any information the guest might need to know, special instructions, or things to prepare before the event occurs. This is also a great place to tell guests what they need to bring with them, where to meet them, or things to be aware of before arriving.
- The Location section shows the guest the agreed upon location of the experience and allows you to send the buyer a map of the location with public transit and parking displayed.
- Add steps to the Timeline to go over what actually happens during each point of the experience, especially if your experience involves moving around between locations or multiple components. You will need to enter information into the title box for each time slot and, if desired, more information can be added in the comment box below. At minimum, we require the timeline for the beginning and end of the experience.
- Give your guests Contact Information for the day of the event, as it allows the guest to quickly get in touch with you should they have any trouble.
- Once your itinerary is finished, press the green Save button to see a preview of your completed itinerary. Scroll to the bottom and press the green “Send Now” button to complete your itinerary and send it to your guest. Your itinerary will be sent immediately, and also sent automatically to your customer both 7 days prior to the event and again the day before the event.
Once the order status says Pending Experience, you are all set for the order!